Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Out of Character Nail Day (Zoya Dea)

i was painting nails last night with a girlfriend and she pointed out the many untried bottles of polish i have sitting in my polish box, so i let her choose my color for today. She chose Zoya Dea. i believe my exact response was, "poop brown? awwwwwwwwwwwwwww." which is a little silly of me, because i bought it and lets face it i have excellent taste. 

so dea, uh-mazing application. a lot of my Zoya creams are on the thick side and tend to apply a little like my high school white out manicures (come on, you know you did it too) if i'm not super careful. *i'm looking at you Snow White* however, Dea was an absolute dream.

Zoya Dea - Lamplight 

i finished my manicure and kept glancing down, a little disappointed at the lack of sparkle on my out of character mani so i reached for my newest bottle of American Apparel polish. Meteor Shower is soooo pretty! it is a gorgeous gold foil flakie that applies relatively easily considering how randomly sized and shaped the flakies are. as it dried i used a toothpick to pat down any stray corners and then put like 5 coats of topcoat (china glaze and then sally hansen) to get a smooth and shiny finish. 

turned out kind of cute if you ask me ;) 

and in the end, not at all poop brown-ish.

Zoya Dea & American Apparel Meteor Shower

No comments:

Post a Comment