Sunday, April 8, 2012

One Saturday / Two Easter Inspired Manicures

 so talking about Pippa yesterday got me itching to try it all over again. so two coats later, as the AT&T guys worked on setting up my new internet connection, i applied two coats of Pippa, and then decided that Lola could be a good companion for dear Pippa.i did the Lola with an almost dry brush, working my way to the tip where i pretty much just drew in a french tip in Lola. Lola was sheer enough layer well for this, but i think for wear on it's own it would be a little too sheer for my tastes. the colors truly popped and it was 80's-riffic. until i decided to toss on my gardening gloves an *HOUR* later to finish planting some herbs. i took off my gloves and whomp, whomp...i had wrecked nails. i didn't take pictures, though i was tempted :D so this was my three hour super bright easter manicure



so bear went to bed and i got out my brand new GMA trio and decided to play with my newest creamy periwinkle, Yummy. Can we just laugh for a moment because my first non-school email was ExtraYummy at some horrible old url? anywho. Yummy was a dream to put on, i want to say this is just one thick layer on some fingers, and two thinner layers on the others.  the color was dreamy and soon enough i'll wear it on it's own, but as it dried i started thinking about April showers bringing May flowers, so my manicures represented this. just backwards. okay it's a stretch, shut up. so along that train of slightly warped (i blame sun exposure) i put Pure Pearlfection over top and had a shimmery, delicious cool manicure to counter the super warm and bright one from earlier in the day. actually wore it most of the day today too...




No comments:

Post a Comment