Monday, April 9, 2012

purple sisters from two very different misters

okay, i only have two medium purples from zoya, so in my head the two morphed into dupes. which they obviously aren't. just look at those bottles. btw - caitlin looks super grey next to her more flashy sister, but she really is a true dusty lavender. 

so i thought i'd swatch one finger malia with my caitlin manicure tonight, just to laugh at how different they really are, despite my earlier lapse in memory. and i decided i liked an accent nail in malia. so i left it. hence my purple sisters from different misters mani. btw - myperfectpolish swatched malia  last week and though it looks more pink on her and much more blue on me (imho) it was utterly gorge on both of us, which is super fun if i want to activate lacquer twinsie powers one day! both covered sublimely, as most of zoya's cream's do, in my experience. oh, and i topped it all with a coat of zoya armor and then one quick swipe with SV. 

final note - judge me not on my wrecked cuticles. please? i spent most of my weekend in the garden and my hands are one huge collection of thorn scrapes, swollen knuckles and some seriously destroyed cuticles. you'll learn someday, oh single reader of my blog, that i do not do cuticles at home. so i can only promise to apply some cuticle oil and hopefully hit up my local manicurist this coming weekend for some damage control.

just a quick look at the bottles.

by the light of the lamp - and game of thrones

outside, on an overcast morning



No comments:

Post a Comment